The FoCAS Research Agenda meeting took place in Bologna, from July 1st to 3rd, 2015.
The aim of the meeting was to wrap-up collected materials and produce a “manifesto” about future research directions in Collective Adaptive Systems (CAS).
Participants were top scientists involved in CAS research, who not only helped in analyzing the collected material, but also provided different points of view and different contributions.
The participants were:
- Alois Ferscha, University if Linz
- Andrea Omicini, University of Bologna
- Antonio Bucchiarone, FBK
- Giacomo Cabri, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
- Giovanna Di Marzo, University of Geneve
- Jacqueline Heinerman, Vrije University
- José Halloy, Université Paris Diderot
- Mirko Viroli, University of Bologna
- Peter Lewis, Aston University
- Rocco De Nicola, IMT
- Stefano Mariani, University of Bologna
- Stuart Anderson, University of Edinburgh
- Thomas Shmickl, University of Graz
After three days of hard work and a lot of discussion, the meeting has produced a first draft of the CAS manifesto. This draft will be refined and presented at the SASO conference, next September. After the final refinements, it will be spread and made available to all people interested in CAS research.
Research Agenda WP Leader